Disability Credit Canada’s mission is to help disabled Canadians receive the full benefits and credits they deserve from the Canadian government. As a Disability Tax Credit & CPP Disability firm we work closely with disabled Canadian and their families and we recognize the unique challenges they face.
Disability Credit Canada is committed to helping young disabled Canadians achieve their goals in higher education or vocational training towards employment and we are proud to be offering the “DCCI Scholarship for Canadian Students with Disabilities”
The annual scholarship winner will be awarded $1,000 towards their tuition to an accredited Canadian post-secondary institution.
The scholarship will be awarded to a Canadian high school student with a documented disability who is pursuing post-secondary education in the field of study in health care, criminal justice or community & social services at an accredited Canadian institution for the upcoming academic year 2020/2021.
Who Is Eligible to Apply?
- Applicant must be currently registered to a full-time program of study in the field of study in health care, criminal justice or community & social services at an accredited Canadian post-secondary college or university
- Applicant must be a Canadian citizens or permanent resident of Canada
- Applicant must have a documented disability
- Applicant must be under 20 years of age at time of application
How Do I Apply for the “DCCI Scholarship for Canadian Students with Disabilities”?
Submit an original essay of 500-700 words with the following topic: “How your disability shaped your decision to study the program you chose”
The following documents must be provided for consideration:
- Proof of graduating high school in 2020
- Proof of Fall 2020 acceptance to an accredited post-secondary institution (proof or registration to health care, criminal justice or community & social services studies will be required before scholarship is awarded)
- Proof of Canadian citizenship or permanent residency
- Documented proof of disability
- Applicants must only use the form below to submit their application. DO NOT submit your application in any other way as it will not be considered
- You must combine your essay & eligibility documents into a single PDF document (no larger than 16MB) and upload it when submitting the application
All applicants must submit essay & required documents no later than 6PM EST, July 31, 2020.
- Only essays with qualified documents will be considered
- Essays will be reviewed by Disability Credit Canada staff members and will be evaluated based on the originality, quality & merit
- Winner will be notified by August 31, 2020 and scholarship will be awarded upon receipt of proof of registration to a qualified program.
Scholarship Application Form
All fields are mandatory
Winners of DCCI Scholarship for Canadian Students with Disabilities
Katarina Vuorensivu (2019 – Health Science first-year student at Simon Fraser University)