Calculating Your Disability Tax Credit Benefits
Calculating how much money you will be receiving from the CRA once you are found eligible for Disability Tax Credit is a little complex so tried to simplify it by creating the Disability Tax Credit calculator.
Before you use the calculator, we want you to understand that the Disability Tax Credit refund is comprised of Base Amount and where applicable, Supplemental Amount.
The Base Amount and the Supplement Amount are determined by the federal and provincial regulations and are subject to change every year. Furthermore, each province’s base & supplemental amounts are different.
There are two main Disability Tax Credit calculations:
- Adult Disability Tax Credit Calculation – If the person eligible for the Disability Tax Credit is an adult, he/she will be receiving the Base Amount only from both federal and provincial sources.
- Child Disability Tax Credit Calculation – If the person eligible for the Disability Tax Credit is under the age of 18 by the end of the tax year, he/she will be receiving the Base Amount as well as the Supplemental Amount.
Please note: The Disability Tax Credit calculator below is meant to provide you with approximate results and should only be used to get a general idea of the amount you stand to receive once found eligible for the DTC.
Furthermore, each Disability Tax Credit application is different and many factors such as income or province can affect the total refund amount.
Disability Tax Credit Calculator
Calculate the Disability Tax Credits & Benefits you may be eligible for with our easy online tool
At Disability Credit Canada, we take pride in helping disabled Canadians claim CPP Disability Benefits & Disability tax credit. Check our other Resources
- Disability tax Credit Provincial Resources
- The Definitive Guide to The Child Disability Tax Credit
- Disability Tax Credit for Arthritis Sufferers
- Disability Tax Credit for ADHD or ADD
- Disability Tax Credit for Anxiety Disorders